Follow the steps below to electronically file a new voluntary Bankruptcy Case. Refer to the training module "Open a Voluntary BK Case" at http://www.wyb.uscourts.gov/node/55 to view a demonstration of this process.
1. Select Bankruptcy
2. Select Open a voluntary BK Case.
3. Select appropriate chapter: 7, 11, 12, 13, etc.
Select yes if joint petition (joint debtor).
The Deficiencies option should remain as n, as the Court will issue a Notice of Incomplete filings, if necessary.
4. Search for a Party screen:
Enter social security number, tax identification number or last/business name (upper and lower case) to search for debtor name in the ECF database.
Party search results: If debtor exact name appears, select the name from the list and verify debtor information (pop up window). ~Note: If debtor is barred from filing, STOP opening the case.
If debtor name is an exact match, click on Select name from list button.
If debtor name does not appear, click on Create new party.
5. A. Debtor Information screen:
This screen appears for selected name or creating new party.
Complete/Update all appropriate fields for the debtor. Include mailing address.
B. Select the Alias button if debtor has alias. Complete all appropriate fields for alias(es).
Select appropriate role for alias(es) (aka, dba, fdba, fda).
C. Review alias(es) once more by clicking on the Review button. If the alias is incorrect, uncheck the alias(es) and repeat 5.
When finished, click on Return to Party screen button.
D. Review debtor information once more before submission.
Note: Repeat steps 5 for Joint Debtor (jtdb.pty), if applicable. If Joint Debtor's address is different from Debtor, uncheck Copy previous party's address.
6. The next screen will state the divisional office in which this case is assigned (Cheyenne).
7. Select yes or no in the Prior filing within last 8 years field.
Select Type of Debtor, such individual, corporation, etc. If Type of debtor is a business, select the correct Nature of business.
Select Paid or Installment for Fee Status.
If selecting Installment you must also file an Application to Pay Installments.
Select consumer or business for Nature of debt (Chapter 12 and 9 must select business).
Select yes for Asset Notice, ONLY if case is a Chapter 11, 12 or 13.
Select the appropriate Estimated number of creditors, assets and liabilities for the case.
8. Summary of Schedules Screen:
Enter all totals from Schedules A, B, C, D, E, F, I, J, Form 22, and Nondischargeable Debt in the boxes provided.
9. The next screen displays fields for additional schedules and Form 22 information.
10. Browse, verify and attach the Voluntary Petition (pdf file) and click Next.
11. Select the appropriate statement in the Presumption Arises field.
12. Verify filing fee amount and click Next.
13. Modify text as appropriate and click Next.
14. Warning!! Verify filing entry is correct before submitting the "Final Docket Text."
Summary of Charges Screen Pops UP: You have the option to Pay now or Continue Filing (if you have more filings).
Save the Notice of Electronic Filing.
Upload a Creditor Matrix File.
Assign the Judge, Trustee and 341 Meeting