Follow the steps below to electronically docket a motion or an application.
- Enter the case number in which you wish to file the motion and click Next.
From the drop down menu of events, select the appropriate event for which your motion or application applies. Click Next.
*If uncertain about the appropriate event to use for your motion, the Search feature from the menu bar allows you to search events in ECF by entering key words or phrases. This will direct you to links of available events pertaining to your pleading. If you are still uncertain about the correct event to use, please contact the court.
- The system will ask you if you are filing jointly with another attorney. If you check this box, you will be prompted to select any additional attorneys. If you are not joint filing, you may leave this box unchecked and bypass by clicking Next.
Select the name of the party in which you are representing for this motion. Click Next.
* If party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party to enter the party’s information. When finished entering the information, click Submit. The Party Selection screen will display again with the name of the new party entered available to highlight. Click Next.
A screen for attorney/party association allows you to check the box to create an association. Click Next.
- The next screen allows you to browse and attach your PDF document of the motion you are filing. If you have any additional attachments, (i.e; Proposed Order, Certificate of Service, Exhibits), you may select the "Yes" radio button to attach any additional documents to your motion.
- Some motions require an objection due date in which ECF will automatically configure the appropriate deadline. Ensure this date is correct or modify according to your pleading. Please refer to the bankruptcy code and rules for appropriate objection deadlines. Click Next.
- The next screen will ask if this is an amended motion. Select yes or no and click Next.
- If you are filing a motion that requires a filing fee, the fee amount will be displayed on the next screen. Click Next to continue.
- Once you reach the final docket text screen, you will have the option to select any of the title modifications from the drop down menu as well as a space to add any additional text to the docket. When you click on Next, you will be able to preview the final docket text and a message will be displayed reminding you that this is your last opportunity to review your entries and when you click Next, this entry will be filed with the Court.
- A Notice of Electronic Filing screen will appear which verifies the filing has been sent electronically to the court’s database.
- If a fee is due for the filing, you will be prompted to enter your credit card information after filing. You will have the option to pay now or continue filing. To verify filing fees due, the Internet Payments Due category under the Utilities menu item will display all fees due. You will also have the option to pay from this screen.