How do I create a Creditor Mailing List (Matrix)?
Information about Creditor Mailing Lists (Matrix)
The mailing list/matrix is a list of the names and addresses of creditors and parties in interest in a bankruptcy case. This information is used for noticing and also for claims information when applicable. The debtor is responsible for providing complete information on the matrix.
Per Local Rule 1007-2, the clerk’s office will not compare the names and addresses of the creditors listed in the schedules with the names and addresses shown on the master list or any amendment.
The mailing lists may be submitted to the clerk’s office in electronic format (diskette or CD) in Plain Text Format (.txt). Please do not save as Rich Text Format. The mailing list may also be submitted in written format, preferably type written.
Instructions for Preparation
- Use one single column per page.
- Names and addresses should be left justified so they are flush against the left margin, with no leading blanks.
- The name and address of each creditor shall not be more than five (5) lines.
- Each line may contain no more than 40 characters including blank spaces.
- Do not include the name and address of the debtor or the debtor’s attorney to the list as they will be added by the court.
- If the debtor is a corporation or partnership, the debtor must include the names and addresses of all corporate officers or general partners on the matrix.
- Use upper and lower case. Not all caps.
- Avoid abbreviations unless it is part of the company’s name as listed on the petition.
- Special characters such as @#$%^&*()_+? are not permitted.
- Do not use periods at the end of words or lines.
- “Attention” lines listed on the second line if applicable.
- For security reasons, please do not include account numbers with creditor information.
- Do not include amounts owed.
- City, state and zip code must be on one (1) line.
- City, state, and zip code must be on the last line of the address.
- Nine digit Zip Codes typed with a hyphen separating the two groups of digits.
- All states must be two-letter abbreviations.
- Individual creditors separated by at least one blank line.
- Do not include page titles, page numbers, headers, footers, etc.
- A “Verification of Creditor Matrix” form may be prepared and filed as a cover sheet to the Creditor Matrix.
- A supplemental or amended creditor(s) matrix shall include only new creditors(s) not previously submitted. Do not include creditor(s) submitted on a previous diskette. Refer to L.B.R. 1009-1(a) for additional information on amending the Creditor Mailing Address Matrix
If the debtors wish to change the address of a creditor already submitted, file a written notice indicating a Change of Address and do not file an amended matrix.
First City National Bank of Beaumont Po Box 3391 Beaumont, TX 77704 Flex Northwest 1540 N.W. 46th Street Seattle, WA 98372 General Welding Supply Co. PO Box 3617 Baltimore, MD 20984 George S. Bush Export, Inc. 1400 Exchange Building Buffalo, NY 10984 Glander International Lake Success Plaza One Hollow Lane Lake Success, NY 11042 Gus Electronics Marine Division 3700 West 61st Avenue Anchorage, AK 99502