Follow the steps below to electronically file a new voluntary Bankruptcy Case.
1. Select Bankruptcy
2. Select Open a voluntary BK Case.
3. Select appropriate chapter: 7, 11, 12, 13, etc.
Select yes if joint petition (joint debtor).
The Deficiencies option should remain as n, as the Court will issue a Notice of Incomplete filings, if necessary.
4. Search for a Debtor screen:
Enter social security number, tax identification number or last/business name (upper and lower case) to search for debtor name in the ECF database.
Party search results: If debtor exact name appears, select the name from the list and verify debtor information (pop up window). ~Note: If debtor is barred from filing, STOP opening the case.
If debtor name is an exact match, click on Select name from list button.
If debtor name does not appear, click on Create new party.
5. A. Debtor Information screen:
Screen appears for selected name or creating new party.
Complete/Update all appropriate fields for the debtor. Include mailing address.
B. Select the Alias button if debtor has alias. Complete all appropriate fields for alias(es).
Select appropriate role for alias(es) (aka, dba, fdba, fda).
C. Review alias(es) once more by clicking on the Review button. If the alias is incorrect, uncheck the alias(es) and repeat 5B.
When finished, click on Return to Party screen button.
D. Review debtor information once more before submission.
Note: Repeat steps 5 for Joint Debtor (jtdb.pty), if applicable. If Joint Debtor's address is different from Debtor, uncheck Copy previous party's address.
6. The next screen will state the divisional office in which this case is assigned (Cheyenne).
7. Select yes or no in the Prior filing within last 8 years field.
Select Type of Debtor, such individual, corporation, etc. If Type of debtor is a business, two more fields will appear: Special categories and NAICS code.
Select the correct Nature of business and Special categories. Select the appropriate NAICS code for the business.
Select Paid or Installment or IFP filing fee waived for Fee Status.
If selecting IFP filing fee waived, you must also file a form B103B Application to Have the Chapter 7 Filing Fee Waived. This option is only available for Chapter 7 cases.
If selecting Installment you must also file an Application to Pay Installments and pay a minimum of 25% of the filing fee, which is due at the time of filing.
Select consumer or business for Nature of debt (Chapter 12 and 9 must select business).
Select yes for Asset Notice, ONLY if case is a Chapter 11, 12 or 13.
Select the appropriate Estimated number of creditors, assets and liabilities for the case.
8. Summary of Schedules Screen:
Enter all totals from Schedules A/B, D, E/F, I, J, Official Form B122, Total Unsecured Claims Amount in the boxes provided.
9. The next screen displays fields for additional schedules and Form B122 information.
10. Browse, verify and attach the Voluntary Petition (pdf file) and click Next.
11. Select the appropriate statement in the Presumption Arises field.
12. Verify filing fee amount and click Next.
If paying in installments, enter the correct 25% amount in the appropriate field. ** Note, ECF will not allow you to continue until the correct amount is entered.
13. Modify text as appropriate and click Next.
14. Warning!! Verify filing entry is correct before submitting the "Final Docket Text."
Summary of Charges Screen Pops UP: You have the option to Pay now or Continue Filing (if you have more filings).
Save the Notice of Electronic Filing.
Upload a Creditor Matrix File.
Assign the Judge, Trustee and 341 Meeting