Filing an Answer/Response
Follow the steps below to electronically docket an answer or response:
- From the Bankruptcy or Adversary Menu item, click on the Answer/Response category.
Two options are displayed:
Reference an existing Motion/Application - objections, replies, and responses to previously filed motions may be filed using this category. Make sure the correct motion is referenced.
Other Answers - this allows you to file an involuntary answer to a complaint that has been filed.
- Enter the case number in which you wish to file and click Next.
- If referencing an existing motion/application, select the appropriate event for which your document applies and click Next.
- The system will ask you if you are filing jointly with another attorney. If you check this box, you will be prompted to select any additional attorneys. If you are not jointly filing you may leave this box unchecked and bypass by clicking Next.
Select the name of the party in which you are representing for this motion. Click Next.
*If party is not listed, click on Add/Create New Party to enter the party’s information. When finished entering the information, click Submit. The Party Selection screen will display again with the name of the new party available to highlight. Click Next. A screen for attorney/party association allows you to check this box to create an association. Click Next.
- The next screen allows you to browse and attach your PDF document of the answer/response you are filing. If you have any additional attachments, (i.e; certificate of service, exhibits), you may select the "Yes" radio button to attach any additional documents to your answer/response.
- The events to relate your document to will be listed on the next screen. Check the box next to the correct entry and click Next.
- Once you reach the final docket text screen, you will have the option to select any of the title modifications from the drop down menu as well as a space to add any additional text to the docket. When you click on Next, you will be able to see a preview of what the final docket text will look like. A warning message will also be displayed reminding you that this is your last opportunity to review your entries and when you click Next, this entry will be filed with the court.
- A Notice of Electronic Filing screen will appear which verifies the filing has been sent electronically to the court’s database.