You are here

Unclaimed Funds

Unclaimed Funds General Information



An unclaimed funds public search utility is located at

To search for funds deposited with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Wyoming, verify WYB is in the box labeled "Court".  Populate other fields, as appropriate, to narrow your search.

The unclaimed funds public search utility may also be used to search unclaimed funds records maintained in other bankruptcy courts by selecting their court name abbreviation in the drop down box.  Each court maintains their own unclaimed funds records.  Please contact individual bankruptcy courts for information regarding the status of and/or application procedures for release of unclaimed funds listed for their court.

Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. §2042, any claimant entitled to any unclaimed funds held by the court may, on petition to the court and upon notice to the United States Attorney and full proof of right thereto, obtain an order directing payment to him.

A request for an order releasing unclaimed funds shall be made by using the court-approved Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds (Form 1340), along with all required documentation, and the unsigned Proposed Order Granting Appliaction for Payment of Unclaimed Funds. For instructions and forms, see below.

Instructions for Filing the Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds

Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds (Form 1340)

Proposed Order for Payment of Unclaimed Funds

AO 213 Request for Vendor Information and TIN Certification

IRS Form W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification

NOTE: The Court prohibits the issuance of a check solely to a fund locator, even if a power of attorney authorizes it. When the owner of record is not the applicant, the clerk shall issue the check payable to the owner of record but will mail the payment to the applicant.

For further assistance, please contact the U.S. Bankruptcy Court District of Wyoming at 307-433-2200.